By TXMMA Staff
Audrey Drew takes home the win in debut for Guy Mezger’s Combat Sports Club
MESQUITE, TX – The DFW area got their latest dose of amateur MMA action last weekend with Steve Armstrong putting on Xtreme Fight Club for the 35th time over in Addison. A pioneer in Texas MMA who has been around since day one, Armstrong (also a referee) holds these events in hopes of identifying the Texas fighting stars of tomorrow. This time around, there were six MMA bouts as part of a card that also featured Thai boxing at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, and it was an exciting one.
Perhaps the highlight of the evening at XFC 35 was the Women’s MMA main event putting Guy Mezger student Audrey Drew against Houston’s Jasmine Crawford. Crawford has made waves by going 3-0 since debuting in September 2014. In 2015 she was part of the TXMMA women’s fight of the year vs. Elizabeth Palacios and she has continued to build as a promising prospect. Meanwhile, Audrey has never had an MMA bout previous to XFC 35 but the 31 year old has been striking since she was a child and has also made waves on the BJJ scene, securing medals both locally and at the international level. Put both of those together and what resulted was a very narrow fight with Drew taking home the split decision.
Check out complete MMA results from XFC 35 along with a video clip of Drew vs. Crawford below:
Xtreme Fight Club 35 – Quick Results from April 9, 2016
- Audrey Drew (1-0) def. Jasmine Crawford (3-1) by split decision (29-28, 29-28, 27-30)
- Brandon Bennett (2-1) def. Garrett Foster (0-2) by TKO, RD2
- Erick Montejano (4-1) def. Thomas Lopez (4-5) by KO, RD1
- Charles Spoolstra (5-2) def. Charles Williams (1-1) by unanimous decision (27-30 x 3)
- Joshua Davis (2-1) def. Michell Cupp (0-1) by KO, RD1
- Erick Rios (2-1) def. Rashard Readus (0-1) by submission (armbar), RD2