By TXMMA Staff
Much anticipated main event fight fell off the card but young prospects still shine at XKO 27
DALLAS, TX – Arlington-based Xtreme Knockout was back in action over the weekend with XKO 27 taking place at Gas Monkey Live on the northwest side of town. The card was originally intended to feature a big-time fight between two rising prospects in Kevin Holland and Geoff Neal and was one to watch primarily because of that. Unfortunately that fight fell off at the last minute with Holland withdrawing due to history. With no time to find a replacement, Neal was off the card altogether along with a planned bout pitting Delis Borges and Zach Haney. What was left was a total of 8 fights on the card for local DFW fight fans.
In the new main event of the evening, Miles Johns of Octagon MMA secured his second pro win to move to 2-0 against debuting pro David Miramontes – winning all three rounds to secure the unanimous decision. Given his natural talent, wrestling acumen and proper coaching, the 21 year old Miles Johns should be a prospect to watch in the bantamweight division moving forward.
Next up, Team Takedown’s Alexander Munoz debuted as a pro with a first round TKO win over previously winless Sonnie Anzaldua, who now drops to 0-3. A former collegiate wrestler at OSU, Munoz now will attempt to move up the ladder in the same way that Johnny Hendricks and Jared Rosholt did while working with Marc Laimon, Kenny Monday and crew out of their DFW-based facility.
Also impressive on this card was Next Generation’s Phat Chau who scored a Crocop-like head kick knockout over previously undefeated Kelvin Martinez to bring his record back up to .500 along with a whole slew of other local fighters who were able to win with some impressive submissions.
Full results from XKO 27 below.
Xtreme Knockout 27 (XKO 27) – Quick Results from September 12, 2015
- Miles Johns def. David Miramontes by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Alex Munoz def. Angelo “Sonny” Anzaldua by TKO, RD1
- Oscar Ramirez def. Jireh Torres-Umi by submission (RNC), RD2
- Ulyses Aguila def. Jacob Norsworthy by submission (RNC), RD2
- Caleb Trumbull def. Alejandro Gomez by submission (RNC), RD2
- Jacob Capelli def. Andrew Sosa by TKO, RD2
- Phat Chau def. Kelvin Martinez by KO (head kick), RD1
- Federico Olivera def. Mark Plata by submission (arm bar), RD2