By TXMMA Staff // Cover photo: Charles Nguyen
Many of DFW’s top prospects featured on Legacy FC 46 fight card
DALLAS, TX – Legacy FC president Mick Maynard recently announced the org’s latest professional MMA offering for the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Taking place on October 2nd of this year, Legacy FC 46 will take place at the Allen Event Center in Allen, TX and feature several top prospects from around the area and beyond.
First up out of Octagon MMA is Steven Peterson. Fresh off 4 straight wins in a row including a dominant performance against Brazilian Caio Machado in his last fight, “Ocho” be taking on undefeated standout Irwin Rivera out of the Blackzilians camp. Nicknamed “The Beast,” Irwin has performed well while fighting on the Florida regional circuit but this will be a step up in competition for him. With his record and recent performances, the DFW native Peterson will surely be looking to make a statement in this main event fight, making a case for himself as a title contender and/or top candidate for the UFC.
Mohler BJJ black belt Jason Sampson is tentatively scheduled for this card as well. Having recently graduated opened his Hero Jiu Jitsu and MMA school, Jason sure has a lot on his plate but does want to compete on this card in front of his local fans but a fight has yet to be found for him so more on that as it comes.
Next up, Oklahoma’s BJJ World Champion Rafael Lovato Jr. will be making his 2nd trip to the MMA cage against local fighter out of Octagon MMA, Charles Byrd. Lovato’s grappling accolades are hard to match and he did win impressively against Canaan Grigsby (4-2) but Charles is another challenge altogether. With Byrd specializing in the striking game while also having some good takedown defense he’ll present a tough challenge for Lovato. It’s going to go the same the other way around as well with Rafael’s BJJ and judo skill so this one should be a very intriguing bout.
Team Takedown’s Andrew Parker also makes his return on this card against fellow DFW native Victor Reyna. Not sure what happened with Parker’s planned bout against fellow undefeated Sage Northcutt out of Houston but the Fort Worth native Reyna is also reputed to be a tough fighter and holds a TKO win over Evan Thompson. This should be a stern test to see where Parker is in respect for his development, which is no doubt aimed at the UFC.
Round out the main card are bouts pitting Eliazar Rodriguez against the timeless veteran Brad Mitchell and ADCC medalist Justin Rader looking to bounce back against Next Generation’s Cody Walker.
Some of the top prospects worth looking at on the LFC 46 undercard include Sean Holden, Levi Mowles and Camron Couch.
Check out the complete card for Legacy FC 46 below:
- 135 lbs.: Steven Peterson (12-4) vs. Irwin Rivera (4-0)
- 125 lbs.: Jason Sampson (12-1) vs. TBD
- 185 lbs.: Rafael Lovato Jr. (1-0) vs. Charles Byrd (7-4)
- 170 lbs.: Andrew Parker (6-1) vs. Victor Reyna (5-2)
- 145 lbs.: Eliazar Rodriguez (6-4) vs. Brad Mitchell (4-2)
- 135 lbs.: Justin Rader (3-2) vs. Cody Walker (4-2)
- 170 lbs.: Sean Holden (3-1) vs. TBD
- 145 lbs.: Jessie Vasquez (0-0) vs. Rob Butler (0-0)
- 135 lbs.: Stanley Blaylock (0-0) vs. Levi Mowles (1-1)
- 125 lbs.: Jarrod Trotter (1-0) vs. TBD
- 135 lbs.: Evers Anderson (5-0) vs. TBD * amateur bout
- 170 lbs.: James Cowen (2-1) vs. Camron Couch (5-0) * amateur bout
- 135 lbs.: Jon Camero (3-3) vs. TBD * amateur bout
- 125 lbs.: Chris Arreaga (1-1) vs. Zam Alm (1-0) * amateur bout