By TXMMA Staff // Mike Calimbas Photography
Valentina Schevchenko highlights LK3 fight card; “Chosen One” Angel Huerta returns
HOUSTON, TX – Legacy Kickboxing returns for their latest event in under 2 weeks with LK3 taking place on July 24, 2015, at Bayou Music Center in Houston, TX. The event is an exciting one with highly-touted prospect Valentina Shevchenko making her second appearance for Legacy and making her Legacy Kickboxing debut opposite a tough opponent in Anke Van Gestel. Likewise, the event will also feature the quarterfinals of the LK light heavyweight tournament with 2 tourney bouts taking place on the evening. Beyond that, a whole host of veterans local and otherwise return for what is sure to be an exciting night of kickboxing action.
Let’s take a look at some of these matchups in further detail:
In the main event of the evening, Valentina “Bullet” Shevchenko (56-1) takes on Anke “She Wolf” Van Gestel (22-3) in a battle that is sure to be watched closely by Dana White and the UFC brass. A champion kickboxer, the Kyrgyzstani born Peruvian resident is also a beast in the cage as well and has been looked at by White as a possible top new addition to their female bantamweight decision. Before she gets there she’ll need to get past Van Gestel, also no slouch in the ring with 22 wins against only 3 losses.
In the co-main event, “Chosen One” Angel Huerta returns to the kickboxing ring for the second time fresh off his vicious knockout of UFC vet Miguel Torres at LK1 when he takes on Justin “J-Ho” Houghton in what should be an exciting featherweight matchup. J-Ho is 4-2 as an MMA fighter himself with the majority of his wins coming by TKO. Likewise, local fans already know of Huerta as a knockout artist himself so this should be a good one.
The LK3 main card also featured the second quarterfinals of the LK light heavyweight tournament with Holland’s Andres Van Engelen (8-1) taking on Danny Mitchell (4-1) and Glory veteran Manny Mancha (11-2) taking on Brazilian Fernando Almeida (9-1).
Rounding out the main card is local favorite out of Revolution Dojo Samuel “The Bull” Mongonia (15-3) taking on Jordan “The Ginja Ninja” Weiland (21-3) in a featherweight matchup and Richard Abraham (6-2) taking on another local fav in Daniel Kim (4-2-1) in a middleweight matchup.
Check out the preview video and complete fight card below:
Legacy Lickboxing 3 (LK3) – Updated Fight Card for July 24, 2015
Main Card (AXS TV)
- 135 lbs.: Anke Van Gestle 22-3 vs. Valentina Schevchenko 56-1
- 140 lbs.: Justin Houghton 6-2 vs. Angel Huerta 5-1
- 209 lbs.: Andres Van Engelen 8-1 vs. Danny Mitchell 4-1 * tourney Quarterfinals
- 209 lbs.: Manny Mancha 11-2 vs. Fernando Almeida 9-1 * tourney Quarterfinals
- 160 lbs.: Richard Abraham 6-2 vs. Daniel Kim 4-2
- 147 lbs.: Josh Glover (7-0) vs. Sean Soriano (8-3)
- 140 lbs.: Jordan Wieland 21-3 vs. Samuel Mongonia 16-3
- 154 lbs.: Adam Edgerton vs. Nethaneel Mongonia
- 170 lbs.: Mike Jackson vs. RJ Knepp
- 135 lbs.: Bobby Bradshaw vs. Akira Smith
- 135 lbs.: Alexis Chavarria vs. Dulani Perry
- 145 lbs.: Oliver Jimenez vs. Blair Chambers * ammy
- 195 lbs.: Jerrail Winters vs. Jacob Rodriguez * ammy
Questions, comments? Please leave a Reply.