By TXMMA Staff // Mike Calimbas
Quick and brutal finishes highlight Legacy FC 42 fight results
LAKE CHARLES, LA – It was definitely a memorable evening last Friday with Legacy Fighting Championship 42 taking place in front of a packed crowd across state lines in Lake Charles, LA. UFC president Dana White was part of the crowd taking in the action at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino. One might presume the competitors would put on a good impression in front of the leading MMA figurehead in the world and the fighters certainly obliged to the tune of 8 first round finishes in 10 bouts of action.
Houston’s Alex Morono (GB Woodlands) led the way on the main card with his quick TKO victory over Marcus Andrusia via ground and pound after escaping an early armbar attempt by slamming his way out of it as he pulled his arm out.
GB Texas pupil Roberto Sanchez would follow that up by submitting his opponent Trent Meaux by armbar in the second bout of the evening before Beaumont’s Joel Scott upped the violence and knocked out grappling world champion Justin Rader via brutal knee early on in their bout. It would continue from there with Sage Northcutt continuing his undefeated streak by notching his fourth win, via submission this time, over Gage Duhon.
Louisiana flyweight Matt Schnell brought his record up to 8-2 with a first round KO over Brazilian black belt Vanderlei Leites while Ryan Spann scored the night’s quickest finish at Legacy FC 42 with his 8 second KO over Katy, TX based Larry Crowe.
And finally in the night’s main event, Josh Quayhagen and UFC vet Anthony Njokuani fought to the only decision on the main card and it was aclose one with the fight going to the Louisiana native.
That’s not the mention all the killer fights on the undercard as well.
Great card overall and a good time at the Golden Nugget to be sure.
Check out complete results and photo highlights from the evening below.
Legacy Fighting Championship 42 Results
Main Card Results
- Josh Quayhagen def. Anthony Njokuani by split decision (28-9, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ryan Spann def. Larry Crowe by KO (punch) at 0:08, RD1
- Matt Schnell def. Vanderlei Leites by KO (punch) at 0:19, RD1
- Sage Northcutt def. Gage Duhon by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:26, RD1
- Joel Scott def. Justin Rader by KO (knee) at 0:24, RD1
- Roberto Sanchez def. Trent Meaux by submission (armbar) at 2:18, RD1
- Alex Morono def. Marcus Andrusia by TKO (punches) at 3:18, RD1
Preliminary Card Results
- Mike Trinh def. Will Spidle by submission (armbar) at 2:20, RD2
- Dominique Gallagher-Gonzalez def. Sabrina Benoit by TKO (strikes) at 2:52, RD1 *
- CJ Hancock def. Jimmy Boyette by submission (kimura) at 1:42, RD1 *
- Daniel Hoffpauir def. Trent Parker by submission (standing guillotine) at 1:59, RD1 *
* amateur bout
Legacy Fighting Championship 42 – Photo Highlights
Legacy Fighting Championship 42 – Video Highlights