By TXMMA Staff
Bellator 138 features Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo; Texas fighter Derek Campos gets his shot at Michael Chandler in main card bout
DALLAS, TX – Bellator MMA returns with their latest event this coming weekend with Bellator 138: “Unfinished Business” taking place at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo. this coming Saturday. The event is headlined by a marquee “legends” fight of sorts with former bareknuckle brawler Kimbo Slice taking on UFC hall of famer Ken Shamrock in a grudge match. Now nobody is going to accuse Bellator of putting on the most relevant MMA fight with this main event as it relates to the current pound-for-pound rankings, but it’s undeniable that this fight will bring ratings. That’s good news for the rest of the card which does feature top talents including Patricio Pitbull defending his featherweight belt against Daniel Weichel and another fighter, Lubbock’s own Derek Campos, who gets his shot at one of Bellator’s top-rated lightweights in Michael Chandler.
Holding a win over Eddie Alvarez along with much of Bellator’s lightweight division, Michael Chandler has since lost 2 close split decisions to Alvarez and then Will Brooks before suffering his most crush loss thus far by TKO to current champ Will Brooks in his last fight. For him, this bout with Campos is his shot to get back on the right track.
As for the 27 year old Campos, he’s won 4 out of 6 since entering Bellator and this bout with the top-rated Chandler on the main card is his shot to prove that he belongs up there with the rest of the title contenders at 155. So it goes without saying that this is the most pivotal fight of his career.
Chandler vs. Campos takes place on the Bellator 138 main card set for this Saturday on Spike TV.
Check out the rest of the Bellator 138 fight card below:
Main Card (Spike TV)
- 265 lbs.: Kimbo Slice (4-2) vs. Ken Shamrock (28-15-2)
- 145 lbs.: Patricio Pitbull (23-2) vs. Daniel Weichel (35-8) * TITLE
- 265 lbs.: Bobby Lashley (12-2) vs. James Thompson (20-14)
- 145 lbs.: Daniel Straus (22-6) vs. Henry Corrales (12-0)
- 155 lbs.: Michael Chandler (12-3) vs. Derek Campos (15-4)
- 135 lbs.: Dan O’Connor (5-4) vs. Miles McDonald (0-1)
- 145 lbs.: Justin Lawrence (7-2) vs. Sean Wilson (34-25)
- 155 lbs.: Eric Irvin (9-3) vs. Hugh Pulley (4-2)
- 155 lbs.: Malcolm Smith (4-4) vs. Luke Nelson (2-1)
- 145 lbs.: Kain Royer (1-1) vs. Enrique Watson (1-0)
- 135 lbs.: A.J. Siscoe (0-1) vs. Garrett Mueller (1-0)
- 170 lbs.: Adam Cella (6-3) vs. Kyle Kurtz (3-0)
- 170 lbs.: Steve Mann (10-1) vs. Justin Guthrie (17-8)
- 155 lbs.: Garrett Gross (6-3) vs. Chris Heatherly (8-3)