By TXMMA Staff // Images by Hosanna Rull Photography
Head kick KO by Morgan Oriahi highlights another exciting night of Muay Thai in Houston
HOUSTON, TX – “Thank you everyone that came out to the show last night! Thank you to all the fighters and coaches, the fights were great!”
Those were the words of promoter Michael Chase Corley following Muay Thai Kingdom 4 (MTK 4), the latest Muay Thai show to be held in Houston, TX. Corley has been on the forefront of pushing the sport in the Bayou City in recent years, hosting shows like this one along with sparring nights at his gym – Houston Muay Thai. His main goal has been, and continues to be, to grow Muay Thai in the area and give the sport a consistent presence. With this being his fourth show, most would say Corley and his group over at Savarese Promotions are doing a good job.
Held at the Houston Fencing Center on the southeast side of town (near NRG stadium), Muay Thai Kingdom 4 (MTK 4) featured nine fights for Houston area fight fans. Followers of the ‘art of eight limbs’ would presume that some of those ended pretty violently. They would be correct as MTK4 only featured 3 bouts that went to the judges’ scorecards.
As for highlights, one worth mentioning would definitely be the main event performance of Dark Side’s Morgan Oriahi. He put an explanation point on an already successful event by finishing TJ Johnson via head kick knockout to cap off an already successful event.
For the rest, check out highlight images below courtesy of Hosanna Rull Photography and make sure to visit her website to contact her order the rest!
Muay Thai Kingdom 4 (MTK 4) – Quick Results from April 11, 2015
- Morgan Oriahi def. TJ Johnson by KO (head kick) – RD2
- Maruice Horn def. CJ Garza by TKO, RD3
- Jacob Rodriguez def. CJ Hancock by KO (knee), RD1
- William Valverde def. Chris Soliz by TKO (injury), RD2
- Ivan Hernandez def. Edward Salazar by KO, RD1
- Rogelio Rodriguez def. Bob Mozisek by split decision (30-26, 27-28, 28-27)
- Chris Perez def. Tyler Bradford by unanimous decision
- Andrew Pearson def. Joshua Beam by split decision (29-28×2, 28-29)
- Paul Garza def. Reagan Bach by TKO, RD3
Muay Thai Kingdom 4 (MTK 4) – Highlight Images from April 11, 2015