By TXMMA Staff
Muay Thai Kingdom 4 promises to deliver non-stop action for Houston
HOUSTON, TX – Muay Thai returns to Houston, TX this coming Saturday night. Promoter Michael Chase Corley in concert with Savarese Amateur Association will be presenting Muay Thai Kingdom IV at the Houston Athletic Fencing Center located at 4997 W. Bellfort, 77035. The fights will begin promptly at 7PM with tickets available at www.savaresepromotions.com.
As historical context and a hint of what’s to come via pictures, etc. for some of the newer fans, here’s our TXMMA recap from the inaugural Muay Thai Kingdom (MTK) event, held in December 2013.
Moving ahead, Michael Chase Corley of Muay Thai Kingdom previews some of the card for TXMMA.com.
Here are some of the matchups he said may be worth paying close attention to at MTK4:
Fights to Watch at Muay Thai Kingdom 4
Soren Valverde (Gold Team) vs Chris Soliz (4oz) – 130
Soren and Chris are 2 young fighters making their Amateur Muay Thai debuts. Both are from solid camps. I have seen both of these two compete and predict a fast paced FOTN with this one.
Maurice Horn (GBWC) vs CeeJay Garza (SitSiam) – 140
Maurice Horn recently had a good showing in MTKIII picking up a draw against Alex Chhang and will be going against CeeJay Garza who has fought in multiple Kingdom events. These two have sparred back and forth in a Houston Sparring Night and are not strangers. Both like to come out firing. I don’t believe this one will go all the way.
TJ Johnson (HMT) vs Morgan Oriahi (Dark Side) – 170
Morgan Oriahi has been making waves in the Houston area with highlight reel kicks in the ring and cage. Morgan comes into this bout with several Muay Thai smokers under his belt and undefeated as an Amateur Mixed Martial Artist. Across from him is Kingdom Veteran TJ Johnson. Johnson is a very technical Muay Thai fighter with big finishes via knees from the clinch and kicks. Both of these men have very contrasting styles which I believe will be a crowd pleaser!
Muay Thai Kingdom IV – Updated Fight Card for April 11, 2015
- 155 lbs.: Reagan Bach (Gracie Barra Texas) vs Paul Garza (Team Tooke)
- 150 lbs.: Tony Arana (4oz) vs Fnu Obaidullah (Kings)
- 160 lbs.: Joshua Beam (GBTW) vs Andrew Pearson (Team Tooke)
- 185 lbs.: CJ Hancock (GBTW) vs Jacob Rodriguez (HMT)
- 170 lbs.: Ivan Hernandez (SLMMA) vs Eddie Salazar (Midtown MMA)
- 135 lbs.: Roger Rodriguez (Kings MMA) vs Bob Mozisec (Saekson)
- 170 lbs.: Christopher Perez (GBTW) vs Tyler Bradford (Paradigm)
- 130 lbs.: Soren Valverde (Gold Team) vs Chris Soliz (4oz)
- 140 lbs.: Maurice Horn (GBWC) vs CeeJay Garza (SitSiam)
- 170 lbs.: TJ Johnson (HMT) vs Morgan Oriahi (Dark Side)