By TXMMA Staff
Sidney Crawley gets big main event win; Prospects Holland, Aguila win on undercard
ARLINGTON, TX – There were a few surprises and also some prospects that moved further ahead in their careers after the conclusion of XKO 25. Held at the GYM (XKO Arena) in Arlington, this show served as the five year anniversary for the Arlington-bases pro MMA organization.
In the main event of the evening, Texas Fighting Syndicate’s Sidney Cawdrey was able to take a victory over formidable opponent Alex Russ. The two would face off at XKO 25 following a long layoff for both fighters. The fight wouldn’t end quickly either as the two traded blows all the way until the third round, with the fight eventually being won by Sidney with less than 2 minutes left.
Next up, Next Generation representative Justin Miller was able to defeat Armando Servin by triangle after coming off his own long layoff from the cage. The end came by triangle choke towards the end of the first round. Following the fight Servin declared that this would be his last fight as he’s set to move on to other life endeavors.
Also winning big was Randell Kennedy who was able to defeat Moises Diaz by kneebar.
Meanwhile Alonzo Jordan scored the lone officially ruled KO of the night with his 47 second win over Jose Soto.
As for the rest of the card, a few of the notable prospects TXMMA detailed beforehand won their XKO 25 bouts.
There was Kevin Holland who sustained the attacks of BJJ black belt Marc Ayub to win by TKO from top of closed guard in the first round of their bout to win his pro debut.
Also, Ulyses Aguila beat veteran Michael Sierra by rear-naked choke submission to win hisfirst pro bout.
Both of these guys should be fighters to watch continuing on into the near future.
Check out the rest of the results from XKO 25 below!
XKO 25 – Quick Results from March 28, 2015
- Sidney Cawdrey def. Alex Russ by TKO, RD3, 1:34
- Justin Miller def. Armando Servin by Submission (triangle), RD1, 2:59
- Randell Kennedy def. Jose Diaz by Submission (kneebar), RD1, 1:26
- Dennis Thomas def. Fernando Salas by Decision (29-28,29-28,30-27)
- Humberto Martinez def. Andrew Sosa by Decision (30-25, 30-27, 30-26)
- Kevin Holland def. Marcos Ayub by TKO/RSC, RD1, 1:54
- Andre Kavanaugh def. Jabari Shakur by Submission (RNC), RD2, 0:53
- Ulyses Aguila def. Michael Sierra by Submission (RNC), RD2, 0:42
- Ramon Jackson vs. Lior Shporen was declared a no contest def. No Contest, RD2
- Alonzo Jordan def. Jose Soto by KO, RD1, 0:47