By TXMMA Staff
Marcos Galvao upsets Joe Warren for 135 title; LC Davis and Hideo Tokoro put on ‘Fight of the Night’ performance
DALLAS, TX – Bellator 135: Warren vs. Galvao hit the WinStar World Casino in Thackerville, Oklahoma last Friday, March 27th. The event was headlined by a bantamweight title match feat. champion Joe Warren defending his belt against challenge Marcos Galvao. Despite being the big underdog headed into the bout, Galvao defied the odds courtesy of a rolling kneebar in round two that had Warren screaming in pain for the verbal submission and the title loss. The co-main event also proved to be a great bantamweight clash as LC Davis and Hideo Tokoro put on a show for three straight rounds. Davis got the better of his Japanese opponent in the striking exchanges but Tokoro was relentless in going after his submission attempts. After the non-stop action is was Davis winning by split decision to take the fight. Elsewhere on the main card, Canadian UFC castaway Francis Carmont was able to right his ship with a unanimous decision of Guilherme Viana while Ryan Couture also scored a win, via submission over Dakota Cochrane.
Texas fighters shine on the Bellator 135 undercard
Elsewhere in undercard action it was Texas fighters shining at Bellator 135.
Six competitors from the Octagon MMA camp in Dallas traveled up to Thackerville with five of them coming away with victories.
First up was bantamweight Geo Pacurariu. He would come away with the armbar victory over fellow Dallas fighter J.P. Cole (Saekson) in the first bout of the night to get back to his winning ways.
Next up, Klayton Mai would defeat Abilene-based Xavier Siller via neck crank / forearm choke to score his second win in a row.
Chop Shop MMA’s Stephen Banaszak (Greenville) would briefly interrupt Octagon MMA’s winning streak for the night, scoring an impressive omoplata finish after initially jumping guard for the triangle in the second round of their fight.
That bout would be followed up by two wins by Octagon with prospects Neal Ewing and Sean Holden both winning by comfortable decision margins over Logan Nail and Tim Roman respectively.
Emmanuel Sanchez beat Alejandro Villalobos by decision before the final prelim of the night, the “swing bout’ featuring Dallas-based Rashad Coulter taking on Jeremiah O’Neal. It was all “Daywalker” in this one as Rashad was able to get the TKO in the first round to complete a 5-1 night for Octagon MMA.
Check out all the quick results from Bellator 135 below:
Bellator 135 – Quick Results from March 27, 2015
Main Card Results
- Marcos Galvao def. Joe Warren via verbal submission (knee bar) – RD2, 0:45 – bantamweight title
- C. Davis def. Hideo Tokoro via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Francis Carmont def. Guilherme Viana via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ryan Couture def. Dakota Cochrane via submission (rear-naked choke) – RD1, 3:23
Preliminary Card Results
- Rashad Coulter def. Jeremiah O’Neal via TKO (strikes) – RD1, 1:44
- Emmanuel Sanchez def. Alejandro Villalobos via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Sean Holden def. Tim Roman via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Neal Ewing def. Logan Nail via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Stephen Banaszak def. Brad Mitchell via submission (omoplata) – RD2, 2:51
- Klayton Mai def. Xavier Siller via submission (neck crank) – RD1, 3:55
- George Pacurariu def. J.P. Cole via submission (armbar) – RD1, 2:59