By TXMMA Staff
Luis Luna wins fourth straight fight in West Central Texas
ABILENE, TX – The Abilene Civic Center was home to professional MMA action this past weekend. Genesis Combat Sports presented “Battle of the Big Country” as the second event in their promotional tenure. This time around fight night featured 8 total pro fights on the night. Judging by the results, it was an easy night for the judges as well.
In the main event of the evening, Jackson’s MMA affiliated Anselmo Luis Luna Jr. (Luis Luna) was able to bring another win back to Seminole, TX with his first round RNC over Austin’s James “Deuce” King. Luna now moves up to 11-4 overall after winning his fourth straight bout and hasn’t lost since April 2013 (to now UFC fighter Damon Jackson). Meanwhile King loses his fifth straight but does retain his reputation as the type of fighter willing to take on any opponent at the drop of a hat.
Elsewhere at GCS 2: Battle of the Big Country, Team Mohler’s JJ Holmes rebounded with a first round submission (keylock) win over Danny Perez to snap his four fight losing streak.
Tomas Gomez surprised many with his TKO win over Eddie Wittern to move to 1-1 while Wittern drops to 2-2 as a pro.
Harvey Park moved to 2-0 with his submission win over hard-hitting Delis Borges while New Mexico’s Juan Aranda climbed to 2-0 with his co main event win over San Angelo’s Tyler Pacheco.
Check out complete results from Abilene below:
GCS 2: Battle of the Big Country – Quick Results
- Luis Luna Jr. def. James Deuce King by submission (RNC), RD1
- James (JJ) Holmes def. Danny Perez by submission (choke), RD1
- Tomas Gomez def. Eddie Wittern KO/TKO, RD2
- Harvey Park def. Delis Borges by submission (RNC), RD3
- Alec Williams def. Hosay Batts by submission (RNC), RD1
- Justin Davenport def. Fredrick Rodriguez TKO, RD1
- Paco Castillo def. Shawn 0’Grady by submission (armbar), RD1
- Juan Aranda def. Tyler Pacheco by submission (RNC), RD1