By TXMMA Staff // Photos by Diego Reyes + Mike Calimbas
Alex Morono defeats Rashid Abullah for the second time; Abdullah arrested following attack on promoter
HUMBLE, TX – Garcia Promotions returned to Humble, TX this past Friday, February 13th for their fourth professional MMA show. Or rather, pro-am show this time around as the card was split with seven professional bouts and four amateur ones at Fury Fighting Championship 4.
The most high profile bout of the evening at Fury FC 4 saw Alex Morono beat Rashid Abdullah once again. The two initially fought at the Texas City Throwdown last year with Morono winning by submission after a biting incident that saw Abdullah take a chomp at Alex’s chest while in his guard. Controversy ensued once again at Fury FC 4, but not during the fight, which Morono won via triangle choke. This time it was after the fact backstage as Abdullah, unhappy with his compensation, sucker punched promoter Jace Pitre to the tune stiches and over $2,000 in subsequent medical bills.
Rashid Abdullah was taken into custody my local police immediately following the incident.
As for the rest of the pro bouts, there were some good ones.
Colin Wright was able to submit James “Tank” Gonzales despite essentially fighting two weight classes about his normal weight.
Sam Mohammed was able to pick up a unanimous decision win over local favorite Patrick Hutton.
Domingo Pilarte was able to rebound from is loss vs. Caio Machado with a split decision victory over Joel Scott.
David Armas also got a rare decision in his favor with 2 out of 3 judges siding in his favor over Gabe Carillo.
Last but not least, Randy McCullough was able to defeat Bobby Bradshaw by rear naked choke in the first round to win his pro debut.
Check out the complete results for Fury FC 4 below:
- Ryan Spann def. Artenas Young by submission (guillotine), RD1
- Colin Wright def. James Gonzales by submission (triangle choke), RD1
- Domingo Pilarte def. Joel Scott by split decision
- Alex Morono def. Rashid Abdullah by submission (Triangle Choke), RD1
- Sam Mohammed def. Patrick Hutton by unanimous decision
- David Armas def. Gabe Carillo by split decision
- Randy McCullough def. Bobby Bradshaw by submission (RNC), RD1
- Kenia Rosas def. Bee Nguyen by KO, RD3 * amateur bout
- David Simmons def. Ronnie Byerly by TKO, RD2 * amateur bout
- Clarence Brown def. Matthew Longoria by unanimous decision * amateur bout
- Steven Vera def. D’Neareon Semore by submission (RNC), RD1 * amateur bout
Fury Fighting Championship 4 – Photo Highlights