By TXMMA Staff
Superior Combative Championships puts on MMA event to combat human trafficking
GALVESTON, TX – The Superior Combative Championships (SCC) returned to the Galveston Island Convention Center for another thrilling night of amateur MMA fights this weekend. The event, SCC IX held on Friday, November 21 featured 10 fights in total, including two title bouts in the lightweight and flyweight divisions. In addition, the event also benefited Project 427, a charity alliance working against human trafficking in the Houston-Bay area. A portion of the proceeds from the event went directly to that charity, which is something SCC makes a consistent point of doing with every event.
Highlights from the event were numerous, including the closely-fought title fight between David “Machine Gun” Kelly and Gold Team’s Frank Rodriguez. SCC president Stephen Lawhorn also stepped into the cage as a fighter for the first, and likely the last, time at this event, all while being over 40 years old.
Check out the complete videos of the SCC 9 fights below.
SCC 9 – Complete Fight Videos
SCC 9 – Quick Results from November 21, 2014
- David Kelly over Frank Rodriguez by unanimous decision
- Christian Lira over David Water by unanimous decision
- Stephen Lawhorn over Robert Garcia by TKO, RD3
- Brad Bell over Vernon Nobles by submission (americana), RD1
- James Markle over Tyler Morrison by submission (guilottine), RD1
- Jordan Zendejas over Eddy Gonzales by submission (kimura), RD2
- Andrew Carrasco over Marcellus Brown by TKO, RD1
- Josh Altum over Kesler Jones by TKO, RD1
- Shakeem Richardson over Madison Johnson by unanimous decision
- Chris Mitchell over Jacob Eppler by TKO, RD1
SCC 9 – Photo Highlights