By TXMMA Staff // Photos by Mike Calimbas
Garcia Promotions brings Cage Combat to the Dallas area
DALLAS, TX – Houston-based Garcia Promotions ventured out of Humble, TX for the very first time last Saturday, hosting Cage Combat 17 at the Fair Park Coliseum in Dallas. With a solid history of hosting amateur (and more recently, pro) events, GP is yet another addition to the ever-growing Dallas MMA market.
Cage Combat 17 featured 11 bouts overall.
At the top of the card was undefeated amateur Cameron Graves. Fighting out of Team Tooke, Cameron has experienced success in both competitive grappling and amateur MMA. The CC17 main event was no different as he was able to defeat opponent Roderrick Walker by submission (RNC) after taking his back midway through the second round. The victory moves Cameron’s record to 5-0 overall while Walker drops to 5-4 as an amateur.
Also up for grabs at Cage Combat 17 was the organization’s light heavyweight title. Mesquite native Fabian Gutierrez (SFS) would win out over Elkhart’s Justin Harris to take the belt by guillotine submission in the third round of their title bout. Gutierrez now brings his record up to 4-6 overall while Harris drops to 0-2 following this unlikely title affair.
As for the rest of the card, there were certainly other highlights.
SFS fighter Anthony Torres was able to score a quickly sub 1-minute submission with his armbar of Bryan Alvarado. There were 2 other first sound submissions pulled off by John Charo and Robert Casper. And two other fighters finished their opponents by second round TKO in Mike Fortini and Colton Wright. All in all a good night of action in DFW.
Garcia Promotions returns with their event this coming December in the Houston area. More word on their next Dallas event as it comes to TXMMA. Until then, check out the quick results from Cage Combat 17 below:
Cage Combat 17 – Quick Results from November 15, 2014
- Cameron Graves def. Roderrick Walker by submission (RNC), RD2 2:37 <145 TITLE>
- Fabian Gutierrez def. Justin Harris by Submission (Guillotine), RD3 1:16 <205 TITLE>
- Mike Fortini def. Chris Dobbins by TKO, RD2 1:22
- Anthony Torres def. Bryan Alvarado by Submission (armbar), RD1 0:34
- John Charo def. Mario Alvarado by Submission (americana), RD1 2:27
- Osiris Ayala def. Brandon Vaughn by unanimous decision
- David Kim def. Robert Casper by unanimous decision
- Robert Casper def. Cody Martin by Submission (triangle), RD1 1:33
- Christopher Arreaga def. Robert Mozisek by unanimous decision
- Colton Wright def. Adonis Saucedo by TKO, RD2 2:07
- Rogelio Contreras def. Cesar Garcia by split decision (29-28,28-29,30-27)