By TXMMA Staff
Keeton Gorton and Amber Stautzenberger top list of winners at Xtreme Knockout 23
ARLINGTON, TX – Xtreme Knockout returned with their latest professional MMA event in Arlington this past October 18th. Featuring 8 bouts on the night, the XKO 23 card featured fighters from teams all over the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.
The event was headlined by a flyweight matchup featuring Keeton Gorton of Rob Stucker’s Chop Shop MMA taking on Phat Chau from Next Generation. It was a back and forth bout throughout with Chau relying on his wrestling while Gorton looked to strike. The bout was only capitulated by Chau being unable to continue headed into the third round, giving Keeton the de facto TKO win.
Also highlighted at XKO 23 was fan favorite Amber Stautzenberger. She faced Oklahoman Kathina Catron in the co-main event of the evening and showed why, despite some setbacks, she is still very much a prospect to watch in WMMA. The Mohler MMA fighter showcased her poise in this one overcoming an aggressive start from her opponent before landing a vicious knee that cracked Kathina’s nose. From there it was a quick takedown before she finally secured the armbar to score the submission victory.
Other big winners at XKO 23 included Octagon MMA heavyweight Rashad Coulter scoring a big first round KO win over Phalanx fighter Alex Madrid and Team Takedown prospect Mark Delarosa winning by decision over fellow highly-touted prospect Michael Brasher to move his pro record to 2-0.
Check out results from the rest of the action at XKO 23 below:
XKO 23 – Quick Results from October 18, 2014
- 125 lbs.: Keeton Gorton over Phat Chau by TKO, RD3 (0:10)
- 115 lbs.: Amber Stautzenberger over Kathina Catron by submission (armbar), RD1 (2:09)
- 265 lbs.: Rashad Coulter over Alex Madrid by KO, RD1 (1:52)
- 133 lbs.: Mark Delarosa over Michael Brasher by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- 145 lbs.: Fernando Salas over Jaime Anaya by submission (kimura), RD1 (1:08)
- 135 lbs.: Jose Soto over Alejandro Cortez by TKO, RD1 (2:00)
- 125 lbs.: Austin Broussard over Stephen Ngo by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- 170 lbs.: Tim Roman over Eugene Davis by submission (guillotine), RD1 (2:24)