By TXMMA Staff
Legacy Fighting Championship 29 this Friday; First out-of-state show for Houston-based promotion
TULSA, OK – The Legacy Fighting Championship promotion is going across state lines. The Houston-based promotion goes into Oklahoma this Friday for Legacy Fighting Championship 29. Scheduled for the Hard Rock Casino in Tulsa, the show will feature 145 lbs. champion Leonard Garcia defending his title against Shane Howell.
The show also features West Texas native Paul Buentello against Myron Dennis as “The Headhunter” looks for his fifth win in a row. Also appearing will be former TUF Season 15 winner Jonathan Brookins in his Legacy debut. Brookins began in the UFC as a lightweight and has also fought at featherweight but he’ll be fighting in Legacy as a flyweight starting with this Friday night opposite Cody Fuller.
There are other notable fighters scheduled to appear on the Legacy Fighting Championship 29 main card on AXS TV as well. Gilbert ‘Durinho’ Burns is a world champion grappler and training partner to UFC stars like Vitor Belfort. He’ll be taking on Mike Budnik in his UFC debut while local favorite and former WCL vet Thomas “Thunderkick” Longacre also debuts against Chris Pecero.
The main card features two final bouts with undefeated Andrew Todhunter taking on Art Parker in a welterweight bout and Daniel Hauenstein taking on Jerod Spoon in a featherweight contest.
The entire Legacy Fighting Championship 29 production will include 13 fights total with 2 more pro MMA bouts on the untelevised undercard joined by 4 amateur contests.
Check out the entire LFC 29 slate below and make sure to tune in to AXS TV this Friday night at 9PM CST to catch all the action LIVE.
Legacy Fighting Championship 29 – Quick Card
Main Card (AXS TV)
- 145 lbs.: Leonard Garcia (18-11-1) vs. Shane Howell (13-7)
- 205 lbs.: Paul Buentello (33-15) vs. Myron Dennis (9-2)
- 125 lbs.: Jonathan Brookins (13-6) vs. Cody Fuller (10-7)
- 155 lbs.: Thomas Longacre (6-0) vs. Christopher Pecero (11-5)
- 155 lbs.: Gilbert Burns (6-0) vs. Mike Budnik (13-4)
- 170 lbs.: Art Parker (4-2) vs. Andrew Todhunter (4-0)
- 145 lbs.: Daniel Hauenstein (4-4) vs. Jerod Spoon (6-4-1)
- 155 lbs.: Zach Church (2-2) vs. Johnny Koepp (0-0)
- 145 lbs.: Jarrett Rouse (2-0) vs. Jake Sayler (0-0)
- 145 lbs.: Josh Anderson (4-1) vs. Daryl Wilson (6-0) * amateur fight
- 145 lbs.: Mat Thomas (3-1) vs. Jose Martinez (3-0) * amateur fight
- 145 lbs.: Josh Parrish (2-2) vs. Blake Nichols (3-1) * amateur fight
- 145 lbs.: CJ Harris (6-6) vs. Aaron McKenzie (5-1) * amateur fight