HOUSTON, TX, December 15, 2013 – It was a successful return for the sport of Muay Thai in the city of Houston this past Friday with Michael Chase Corley’s Muay Thai Kingdom 1 taking place at the Houston Athletic Fencing Center.
Muay Thai Kingdom 1 was the first such official event in Houston for the better part of a year passing since this one and Legacy Amateur Series 10, the last official event showcasing the ‘art of eight limbs.’ The resulting action in the ring showcased everything awesome about the sport, with every fighter on the 11-bout fight card giving their all in the pursuit of the knockout.
Revolution Dojo’s MT team performed well at Muay Thai Kingdom. Led by experienced coach Nethaneel Mongonia, the team went undefeatedat the event. This included a win by Nete’s brother Sam Mongonia who earned a hard-fought win over Bossier City, LA native Amir Ansari in the night’s main event.
Also looking good and putting on perhaps the most exciting fight of the night was 4OZ Fight Club’s Bebe Laced (Bi Nguyen). Also the night’s top ticket seller, she did not disappoint her fans with an exciting performance against Austin’s Jessica Rosuello of Jessica Rosuello Team Rabaddi.
Top KO/TKO honors go to Chris Jackson of SBA who knocked out Team Tooke’s Jeremy Milbourn in conclusive fashion in the second bout of the evening.
Muay Thai Kingdom is expected to return for their event this coming February 2014.
Check out all the results, pictures, and video from Muay Thai Kingdom 1 below.
The complete photo gallery for Muay Thai Kingdom 1 is also now available for print and download orders via Mike Calimbas Photography.
Muay Thai Kingdom 1 – Quick Results for December 13, 2013
- Sam Mongonia def. Amir Ansari by Unanimous Decision
- Bi Nguyen (Bebe Laced) def. Jessica Rosuello by Unanimous Decision
- Uriel Figueroa def. Alex Chhang by Unanimous Decision
- Luke Crawford def. Ray Aninzo by Unanimous Decision
- Jennifer Guerrero def. Gabriel Lemus by Unanimous Decision
- Alvin Perez def. Jesus Alvarado by TKO – RD1
- Terence Johnson def. Adam Gill by TKO, RD1 (did not answer bell)
- Carlos Garza def. Jose Tavera by Unanimous Decision
- Robert Bailey def. Michael Perez by TKO – RD1
- Chris Jackson def. Jeremy Milbourn by KO – RD2
- Oliver Jiminez def. Roman Molina by Split Decision
Muay Thai Kingdom 1 – Event Photo Gallery
Muay Thai Kingdom 1 – Fight Videos