HUMBLE, TX, May 15, 2013 – Garcia Promotions is back this Friday night with Cage Combat 14 happening at the Humble Civic Center in Northeast Houston.
At the time of this writing, the show should feature fifteen amateur fights in total with two championship fights in the middleweight and featherweight divisions highlighting the evening.
At middleweight, we have a battle of undefeated fighters vying for the title with incumbent champion Trevin “The Problem” Giles (4-0) of Elite MMA defending his title for the very first time against Chris Sutton (3-0) of Gracie Barra Katy in what should be a very interesting fight between two similarly-sized and fairly well-rounded prospects. Hard to predict what this fight will look like but one thing that is for certain is that neither fighter is looking to be a pushover for the other. To the contrary both fighters have professional ambitions and a title win here would go a long way to make that a reality so look for both to come out swinging.
Meanwhile in the featherweight division, Silverback Fight Club’s Tony Orozco Jr. makes his long-awaited return to the cage after almost two complete years since his last fight, a loss to (now pro) Colin Wright at Cage Combat 5 with this same title on the line. Fast forward to now and he’ll be taking another fresh face in Edward Longoria, currently 2-0 after debuting in MMA just this past February. With so much time gone by it’s easy to forget Tony went 3-0 in his first three fights when he first burst on the scene in 2011, even winning against Joe Zamora and going to his high school prom on the same night at one point. Still only 20 years old with two extra years of training behind him he could be right back in the thick of the prospect talk with a title win in this one. Or will the 22 year old Longoria take his place? We’ll see on Friday night.
As for the rest of the card, it’s anybody’s ballgame in terms of who we can expect to perform.
Out of all the rest of the card, only Manny Lozoya (Silverback) has more than a few fights and a winning record at 5-3 heading into his fight with Metro Fight Club’s Eric Charalambous.
The remaining fights are loaded with a mixture of reasonably-experienced amateur ‘veterans’ and debuting fighters but one thing they all have in common is that they’re still looking to make a name for themselves.
Here’s the entire card as it stands today.
Stay tuned to TXMMA.com as we report back after the fights and let you know which of these fighters make a name for themselves with their performance at Cage Combat 14.
CAGE COMBAT 14
FRIDAY MAY 17, 2013
1. Mike Ross (Silverback) VS. Ramiro Ruiz (4oz) – 115
2. Robert Henson (Elite MMA) VS. Anthony Tsafantankis (Bushi Ban Bloodline) –155
3. Tyron Casanova (Champions MMA) VS. John Butler (JP MMA/ Team Tooke) – 160
4. Miguel Martinez (Unleashed) VS. Max Mungai (Kingwood MMA)- 170
5. Joshua Kothman (Unleashed) VS. Joe Scott (Bushi Ban Bloodline) – Hvy
6. Francisco Segura (Laredo MMA) VS. Garvens Brun (Kingwood MMA) – 135
7. Omar Khosravi (Silverback) VS. Michael Eaglin (Elite MMA) – 170
8. Jay Sader (Silverback) VS. Jeremy Lieder (Ground Dwellers) – 185
9. Sean Jefferson (Paradigm) VS. Tyler Flores (GB Woodlands) – 170
10. John Rodriguez (Silverback) VS. Santos Hernandez (Metro) – 145
11. Eric Perdew (Bushi Ban Bloodline) VS. Kyle Villarreal (4oz) – 163
12. Randy McCullough (Windy) VS. Steven Vera (Metro) – 135
13. Manny Lozoya (Silverback) VS. Eric Charalambous (Metro) – 145
14. Edward Longoria (Bushi Ban Bloodline) VS. Tony Orozco Jr. (Silverback) – 145 Title
15. Chris Sutton (GB Champions) VS. Trevin Giles (Elite MMA) – 185 Title