March 8, 2011 – Professional MMA has never been hotter in the Houston area and anticipation is already building for the April 9th return of Mick Maynard’s Legacy Fighting Championships to the Arena Theater. Two additional bouts were confirmed recently as the previously announced initial fight card headlined by Daniel Pineda versus Ray Blodget begins to take final form.
“I was supposed to take some time off before my next fight to work on my business as well as my game but July 16th is too long to wait! I’m a fighter and fighters fight! The more often I fight, the more comfortable I will feel in the cage,” says Huerta, who will be taking on the always-tough and seasoned Nate Garza (3-3) in what will surely be an action-packed bantamweight matchup catered for the fans.
“Nate Garza is more experienced than anyone I’ve fought and he’s never been finished. I like him as a person and respect his skills. I am looking forward to the challenge and I will most definitely be bringing my A game for him.”
Also announced for the upcoming event is a matchup pitting College Station BVMMA’s William “Bubba” Bush (2-0) against none other than current IXFA middleweight champion Andrew Craig in a very intriguing matchup for Legacy’s 185 belt.
This could be a pivotal moment for Team Tooke’s Andrew Craig as the 25 year old fighter is fresh off the heels of one of the biggest wins of his career after submitting Jon Krik with a triangle just a few weeks ago at IXFA. I say that was “one of” his biggest wins because he previously took out none other than San Antonio’s Rodrigo Pinheiro at Bellator. Now he looks to hit the double whammy in becoming the middleweight champion for Houston’s two largest professional MMA organizations.
In order to accomplish that feat, Andrew will have to pass yet another stiff test in the form of a BCS Bull in Bubba Bush, who is heading into this bout undefeated after a dominant victory over seasoned veteran Chris Spicer this past July at Legacy. Will he be the one to put a stop to the Andrew Craig Express? Looks like we shall see in one month’s time.
In-Depth Coverage of April 9th’s Legacy Fighting Championship
- A TXMMA.com Exclusive with Legacy Lightweight Champion Ray Blodget; Taking on Daniel Pineda on April 9th! – here
- Looking to “Whoop” Up on Someone – “Fighting Aggie” Bubba Bush set to take on Andrew Craig for the Legacy 185 Title! – here
- Stepping Back into the Cage with Alex Black; Ready to Do Battle Once More Against Tim Snyder at Legacy! – here
- The Next Big Thing? Time to Grow Up as Alex Morono Faces Jeff Rexroad at Legacy FC on April 9th! – here
- TLegacy FC Announced April 9th Bout Additions – “The Chosen One” Returns; Andrew Craig Arrives to Take On Bubba Bush – here
- Initial Legacy Card Announcement and Fight Opinions from Houston MMA Personalities – here
- Interview with Jeff Rexroad, Main Event Preview of ‘Blodget versus Pineda,’ and much more by TXMMA Writer Mike Calimbas in the 2nd issue of Legacy Magazine – here
- Much more to come here on TXMMA.com!