The IXFA returns for their next event on February 26th to kick off their 2011 season. Coming off the heels of an explosive second event in Houston this past December 4th, promoters Chris Reed and Scott Dawson look to keep the momentum rolling with a stacked card in their 2011 opener.
Looking to come out with a bang to start off the new year, this third IXFA Houston bout lineup features three title fights, including a gargantuan main event with Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis taking on Taylor Herbert to crown the very first IXFA heavyweight champion in a fan-demanded matchup that is sure to test the supports of the IXFA cage.
Also, in his first return since TKO’ing Austin-area fighter Brandon McDowell, IXFA welterweight champion and knockout artist Antonio Flores makes his first defense against Rashon Lewis, a 1-0 fighter coming off a TKO of his own in his IXFA debut against Bryan Garcia. With both fighters favoring the stand-up exchanges and the spectacular finish over the ground game, many in the Houston-area are favoring this bout to end with a surefire knockout-of-the-night.
In the last of the title bouts for the evening, the middleweight championship will be on the line as 3-0 Andrew Craig takes on seasoned veteran Jon “El Jaguar” Kirk. Coming off a unanimous decision victory over Joshua Foster in his last IXFA appearance, the well-rounded Craig will have his hands full in taking on “El Jaguar” Kirk, who is one of the few fighters as well-rounded as the highly-touted Craig, and with twenty-three fights of MMA experience to back it up.
Other notable fighters included on an impressive undercard include Artenas “Machine Gun” Young, Chris Spicer, Jesus Rivera, and a debuting Pat “The Bison” Bierschwale.
Be on the lookout for my full preview and predictions of this event as it draws nearer.
For now, enjoy this event teaser courtesy of the the boys at IXFA.
IXF A – Full Card for February 26, 2011 (Subject to Change)
- Heavyweight Title Fight – Derrick Lewis versus Taylor Herbert
- Welterweight Title Fight – Antonio Flores versus Rashon Lewis
- Middleweight Title Fight – Andrew Craig versus Jon Kirk
- Welterweight (170) – Shawn Machado versus Tony Orozco
- Light Heavyweight (205) – Jason Sullivan versus Jared Taylor
- Light Heavyweight (205) – Justin Ledet versus Larry Crowe
- Middleweight (185) – Artenas Young versus Chris Spicer
- Lightweight (155) – Jesus Rivera versus Marc Ramirez
- Lightweight (155) – Lee Higgins versus Colby Bartholomou
- Light Heavyweight (205) – Jordon Clissold versus Chad Cook
- Welterweight (170) – Pat Bierschwale versus Jeremy Morris
- Middleweight (185) – Terrance Ferguson vs Josh Foster